Lost Ark, the latest MMORPG release from Amazon and Smilegate RPG, offers a wide-open world for players to explore. While early and mid-game Quest or activities are easy to look and blast through, some players might be at a loss once they reach the end game. For end game content, there are at least 12 things you can and should do once you hit level 50 in Lost Ark.
1. Set Return Point in Vern Castle
The very first thing you need to do after reaching level 50 and Vern Castle is to set your Return Point there. Do this so you can quickly return to Vern Castle, pretty much the main hub for Lost Ark’s end game stuff, from anywhere in the world for free, although there is a 120 minutes cooldown.
2. Do the Main Quests to Unlock End Game Contents
As you noticed, around level 40, once you get a ship, the game opens up quite a bit. And of course, at the end game, everything from in-game areas and the content will open up further. Here is the main thing you should do to unlock all end game content:
- Unlocking Chaos Dungeon: As you finally reach Vern Castle, the Main Quest (Lost Ark also calls it World Quest in level 50) will ask you to go to the front of the Chaos Dungeon to unlock it. Read all about it in our Chaos Dungeon Guide.
- Unlocking Guardian Raid: Now open your Quest Journal (J), then select the Guides tab to accept the Guardian Raid guide. Go to the Raid Board and speak with Zarbel to complete it.
- Save running both Chaos Dungeon and Guardian Raid for later. We better unlock the other contents first.
- Unlocking Awakening Skills: After unlocking Chaos Dungeon, Beatrice will ask you to meet her in Trixion. Go there using Song of Trixion to get the necessary Quests to unlock Awakening Skills. Read all about it in our Awakening Quests Guide.
- Unlocking Abyssal Dungeon: Complete the Main Quest in North Vern to gain access to Abyssal Dungeons and the Sturmbrecher Ship, which you will need for the next step.
- Like Chaos Dungeon and Guardian Raid, save this one for later. You will need item level 340 gears to tackle them all anyway.
- Keep doing the Main Quest: Equip the Sturmbrecher Ship at the North Vern Harbor and sail into Shushire Region. Complete all the Main Quests there and obtain a full item level 302 gears from the Wish Equipment Chest. This is your first step to being able to challenge Lost Ark end-game activities. Upgrade those gear and keep following the Main Quest until you reach Rohendel.
Also, for Gold or Platinum Founder’s Pack owner, go to the in-game shop, Crystal menu, and buy Level Complete Pack (lv.50) to get 2,600 Crystals. Then go to the Mount Pet tab and buy Ship Skin Hermida’s Song for 420 Crystals because it gives useful bonuses for faster sailing which you will need to cut down all the downtime going from one place to another.
3. Do the Awakening Skills Quest
As mentioned above, you can gain additional Skills called Awakening Skills (as well as your Class’s last Normal Skill) once you reach level 50. Each character/Class has two Awakening Skills that you can unlock. I recommend doing this as soon as possible to ensure that you have an easier time unlocking the other activities and so as not to be left behind by other players when doing Chaos Dungeon or Raids.
While the Quest for your first Awakening Skill is just a simple fetch quest, unlocking the second Skill is more involved. Again, don’t forget to check our Awakening Quests Guide for a step-by-step guide and details for all the Skills.
4. Grab Daily Quests in Una’s Tasks
What is an MMO or live service game without dailies? In Lost Ark, it comes as Una’s Task, accessible from the Adventure tab in the bottom right of your screen or by pressing Alt+J. Una’s Task offers you three daily quests, and you’re free to select whichever you’d want. However, the ones rewarding Harmony Leap Stones for upgrading gears are your best bet, and these are the most recommended Una’s Tasks:
- “Where It Belongs” in Frozen Sea, Shushire.
- “Anxious Mind”, in Harbor City Changchun, Anikka.
- “Replacement Parts”, in Golden Wave Island, west of Arthetine.
- “Ride Like the Wind“, in Sea Paradise Peyto, west of Anikka.
- “Rubbing Away the Marks of Time”, in Toto Silver Island, west of Annika.
- “Pest Control“, in Blackfang’s Den Island, east of Rethramis.
- “Prisoner Emancipation”, in Kalthertz Island, south of Shushire.
- “I Can’t Just Sit On My Hands”, in Alakkir Island, northeast of North Vern.
5. Upgrade Your Level 50 Gear to Increase the Item Level in Lost Ark
You will need high item leveled gears to be able to access end game activities. The PvE Dungeons and Raids need level 340 gear, for example. And you need level 460 equipment when you reach Rohendel as you progress through the Main/World Quests.
As such, you will have to upgrade gears using Harmony Shards, Fragments, and Leap Stones from vendors. Get those by:
- Do the first five steps of the Adventure Quest in Dreamgull Island. Interact with the backpack near the island’s entrance to start the questline.
- Don’t worry if you can’t finish it the first time around. Come back later after you obtained the Minuet of the Forest song.
- Use Song of Memories and return to Vern Castle which has been set as your Return Point.
- Now open the Quest Journal, take all the new Guide Quests, and go to the Gear Honing NPC Senard.
- Use all the materials you gain from Dreamgull Island’s Adventure Quest to increase your gear to at least item level 340.
- Certain slots provide stronger stat improvements than others. With that in mind, prioritize the upgrades in this order to maximize your character’s damage output:
- With this now you’re ready to continue doing World Quests or tackle the end game content.
6. Lost Ark Level 50 PvE Content: Chaos Dungeons
Now you can finally try Chaos Dungeon, basically the go-to daily end game content in Lost Ark. In Chaos Dungeons you and up to three other players have to beat three waves of enemies that end with a final boss. This PVE activity can be done twice per day, but if you miss a day, you will be able to run four Chaos Dungeons the next day.
Pick the North Vern Echo 2 as your first Chaos Dungeon and immediately replace your old equipment with the new ones from here. You will also gain materials to upgrade those gears too. Read all the details about it in our Chaos Dungeon Guide.
7. Second PvE Content, Guardians Raids
For another party-based PvE content, there is the Guardian Raid. Like Chaos Dungeon, you can run two Guardian Raids each day. Here, you and your friends are tasked to find and beat down a boss in 20 minutes or less. Raiding this one solo isn’t recommended so try to find a proper party before tackling this one.
For your first time, clear Ur’Nil Raid with the Guardian Soul reward unchecked once to unlock the next Guardian. Then defeat Lumerus Raid twice with the reward active. Claim their souls to collect the rewards. Important to note that higher level Guardians give more Harmony Leap Stones.
8. Third PvE Content, Abyssal Dungeons
If you’re looking for weekly grinds, then look no further than Abyssal Dungeon, which you unlocked after reaching North Vern and completing the “To Ancient Elveria” World Quest. This PvE activity provides you with a variety of Enhancing Ingredients, Accessories, Engraving Recipes, and materials for creating your first Gear Set. Grab three friends or find reliable people online if you want to give it a try since Abyssal Dungeons are tough and need good team coordination.
9. Challenge Other Level 50 Players in Lost Ark PvP
Of course, PvE isn’t the only way to have some fun crunching builds in Lost Ark. Developer Smilegate RPG also provides several classic PvP modes, complete with Rank Ladders, for competitive players:
- Normal Match
- Team Deathmatch (1-3 players)
- Deathmatch (1 player)
- Team Elimination (1-3 players)
- Competitive Matches.
- Co-op Battle.
- Custom Game.
- Find a Custom Game.
- Join a Custom Game.
Unlike other Lost Ark end game activities, PvP actually is already unlocked when you reach level 26. This happens during the “Rebuilding Luttera” Main Questline where you meet Arena Manager Lorence. After that, quickly enter PvP battles by heading to any of the Bulletin Boards or selecting the Proving Grounds icon from your mini-map. Go to our Best Classes for PvP guide if you need help in this regard.
Also just as a side note, using the 21:9 Aspect Ratio from the Video menu gives you more visibility, very useful for both PvP and PvE, especially against bosses.
10. Do Guide Quests
Most Guide Quests are tutorials on the game’s mechanics, so I don’t really blame you if you skipped them. Nevertheless, Guide Quests won’t take long to finish and will reward you with a plethora of valuable materials as well as new side content like the Stronghold and Trade Skills such as Fishing, Mining, Logging, etcetera. Furthermore, each Trade has its own XP and levels, and reaching the end game is a good way to do them to mix things up and make your daily level 50 grinds in Lost Ark less tedious. We have a complete guide on the Stronghold system, so don’t forget to check that one out.
11. Run Procyon’s Eye Compass Activities
Procyon’s Eye Compass, located below the minimap, lists four different types of time-limited daily and weekly events. You can run each for an unlimited amount of time, but rewards can only be received once per day or week. And make sure to be on time since most of them become unavailable 3 minutes past their scheduled time. Thankfully, you can track ongoing event times and set reminders under the Appearance Notification Info.
- Chaos Gate:
- 30-players instanced dungeon. Can be attended daily except on Wednesdays.
- Rewards: Rage Rune, random Card decks, Secret Map, Rift Pieces.
- Adventure Island:
- Gives one out of three random, timed Adventure Islands. Available on weekdays, and twice on weekends.
- Rewards: Silver, Gold, random Card packs, High Seas Coin Chest, Providence Stone, variety of Island Tokens.
- Field Boss:
- Shows unique Field Boss spawn for major continents.
- Rewards: Accessories, Star’s Breath, Destruction Stone Fragment, Guardian Stone Fragment, Bleed Rune, Ability Stone, Soul Leaf.
- Note: Rewards from a single Field Boss can only be obtained once per day.
- Ghost Ship:
- Three times a week. Fight Ghost Pirates in the Procea Ocean’s Deadly Waters.
- Note: Dying without Feather of Resurrection locks you from rewards. Rewards can only be received once per week.
12. Complete Island Quests and Find Collectibles
Lastly, there are also side content such as Marine Events, Shadespire Tower, randomized challenges in Cube, and dozens of Islands to explore for various Side Quests and Collectibles like the Mokoko Seeds to help you pass the time in the land Arkesia.
Lost Ark: When is the Weekly Reset?
Lost Ark is now available on PC via Steam.