In Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, the Guiding Lands Wildspire area is one of the areas you need to level up quickly in order to unlock Gold Rathian. Gold Rathian equipment will give you Divine Blessing Secret that will practically make you un-killable and its Guiding Lands material is needed for Deco Slot weapon augmentation. So, in case you’re still looking to level up your Wildspire or need to level it up after you just de-leveled it, today’s guide comes from a well-known YouTube Monster Hunter content creator GaijinHunter.
Through the video below, Gaijinhunter shows you how you can easily level up Iceborne Guiding Lands Wildspire area from Level 1 to Level 7 in just 35 minutes; all you need are quite a bit of Barroths, a bunch of Puddle Pods, and also a bunch of Shock Traps. How? Let’s watch it together.
If you don’t feel like watching the two minutes long video, prefer to read guides, or just need a quick list on what to do, here is the step-by-step list:
- See if your Guiding Lands already has Barroth in it, if not spawn it using a lure
- Set a Shock Trap on its path
- While it’s stunned, shoot Puddle Pods on the grayish muds all over its body
- Remove the monster from your Guiding Lands with Banishing Ball
- Lure another one
Why is this method to raise the Iceborne Guiding Lands Wildspire area is so effective? Let me explain a bit.
First, why do shooting up Puddle Pods adds your Guiding Lands level? Because breaking parts (from attack, chopping tails, wallbangs) and trapping monsters actually gives extra experience points to the Guiding Lands. Thus, “cleaning” the muds will also count as “breaking parts” and will raise your Wildspire level. Second, why you should use Shock Trap instead of Pitfall Trap? It’s simply because when monsters are trapped with Pitfall Trap, the lower half of their body ends up going underground. In this case, you won’t be able to clean Barroth’s body easily so using Shock Trap is more advisable.
Considering Gaijinhunter claimed you’ll only need about 17 runs to max level your Wildspire area, it’s quite a time-saving solution instead of wasting your precious day hunting how many monsters until you reach Level 7.
Here are some armor skills and items that could help you out:
- Slinger Capacity: You will only need Level 1 to add more Puddle Pods ammunition
- Earplugs: Level 3 is enough to nullify Barroth’s roar
- Geologist: Having Geologist Level 1 will let you pick up “shinies” (monster drops) twice in Guiding Lands
- Trap Tools and Thunder Bugs: Lets you craft Shock Trap on the fly instead of restocking
That concludes our Monster Hunter guide for now. Do you have your own tips and trick for leveling up Iceborne‘s Guiding Lands? Share with us your dirty little secrets in the comments below.