NBA 2K22 has today launched its October 5 update on PlayStation and Xbox platforms, so here’s the full list of changes and fixes with today’s patch. Like a lot of patches for many games, it appears today’s patch mainly focuses on bug fixes and performance in order to create a much smoother experience. This isn’t a bad thing as I always say since performance is a big thing, but it’s nothing to write home about either. This update also only applies to current-gen platforms, so don’t expect anything new anywhere else. Regardless, we’re here to provide the details. Here’s everything new with NBA 2K22 in its October 5 update!
- Continued stability and performance improvements have been made to enhance the overall experience.
- You now have the ability to obtain Skill Boosts directly from your in-game phone no matter where you are on the Cruise Ship.
- Perfect Release SFX now have descriptive names to make equipping them a more simplified process.
- Zoom adjustments to the Broadcast camera, based on community feedback.
- Addressed an issue where the user would sometimes appear over the ocean when accepting an invite to the Cruise Ship.
- Slightly increased the ball drop speed in MyTEAM.
As mentioned, this really doesn’t add anything exciting if you were hoping for that. Most patches with NBA 2K22 mostly talk about “continued stability and performance improvements” which likely isn’t expanded upon due to it being the nitty-gritty. As for the rest, these are just some minor quality of life and fixes based on community feedback. It’s nice to see it isn’t entirely bug fixes, though you won’t see any major issues fixed should you have run into them previously.
NBA 2K22 and the October 5 update are available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, while the title is also available on PC, Playstation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch. For more information regarding this update, check out the official website.