PC players of Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum Master might be scratching their heads right now, no thanks to the login issue they’re having when launching the game via the Xbox PC app. Bandai Namco is actually already aware of the login issue on the PC version of Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum Master. However, at the time of writing, any hotfix or patch has yet to be released. Thankfully, Mess, the developer of the roguelike card game Ring of Pain, has made a DIY patch and shared it on social media.
We are aware of PC login issues for TAIKO NO TATSUJIN: THE DRUM MASTER.
We are currently looking into a fix, and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your understanding.
— BANDAI NAMCO EUROPE (@BandaiNamcoEU) January 27, 2022
According to Mess, the login issue revolves around the game trying to “silently” sign players in once they get into the title screen, but as it happens, the backend of Windows Game Developer Kit needs to prompt players for first-time sign-in before getting into the game’s title screen. Mess’s DIY patch works by forcing the sign-in prompt to show up before loading the title screen. Here’s how to apply the patch for your game.
How To Fix Login Issue in Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum Master on Xbox PC App
- Enable Mods for Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum Master from the Xbox app. We need to do this because we’ll add some files to the game’s folder.
- Download BepInEx on GitHub, a tool/mod for patching Unity games. Currently, the latest version is 5.4.18, so grab the BepInEx_x64_220.127.116.11.zip (if you use 64-bit Windows).
- Download Mess’s fanmade patch on GitHub, com.fluto.taikomods.dll.
- Go to the Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum Master installation directory.
- By default, it’s under “C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\Taiko no Tatsujin\” but the directory will be different if you changed the install location.
- Click the Open Mods Folder button after you Enable Mods will also open the installation folder.
- Extract the files from BepInEx_x64.zip and move all of them into the installation folder.
- Then run Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum Master from the Xbox app once, then close it.
- Go into Taiko no “Tatsujin\BepInEx\plugins,” and there should be a new file generated inside the folder.
- However, don’t worry if the plugins folder is still empty. Just keep following the steps.
- Move the com.fluto.taikomods.dll into this “plugin” folder.
- Overwrite if there’s another com.fluto.taikomods.dll file already.
- You now should be able to actually log in and finally get into the game.
While Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum Master is the first game in the series released exclusively on Xbox consoles and PC, it wasn’t the first game launched outside Japan. The popular arcade rhythm game series first enter the Western gamers’ living room through the PS2 title, Taiko: Drum Master, released on October 26, 2004. Pop Tap Beat Drums was also made available on Apple Arcade last year. Have you played any Taiko games before? Share your stories in the comments.