Welcome back for another episode of The Nerd Stash Show. You can check out a synopsis, timestamps, and the episode itself down below:
“Hello, and welcome back to another new episode of The Nerd Stash Show. When you hear $7.5 billion in cash, what is the first thing you think of? Paying off your debt, buying that car you always wanted and maybe helping the family out? What about getting crazy and buying an island and finding ways to become a real-life Batman? Well, if you’re Microsoft, you decide to purchase ZeniMax Media, the parent company of Bethesda, and so many incredible game studios. Microsoft added The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, DOOM, and more to its portfolio in one swoop.
Shockingly announced on September 21st, we’re still figuring out what the future of video games means with this purchase. Let’s break down the deal, what this means for Microsoft, Xbox Game Pass, and even Sony. It’s a long one, so strap in.
There’s also talk about Amazon announcing a Stadia competitor with their new streaming service, Luna. Are Sony and Insomniac doing the right thing by charging for Spider-Man: Remastered? Sony also clears up some backward compatibility questions, and we’ve got a few rapid-fire stories to go over as well.”
- What Are We Playing? – 2:40
- Microsoft Buys ZeniMax Media (Parent Company of Bethesda) – 16:30
- Amazon Launches Luna, a Stadia Competitor – 52:00
- The Game Awards Date Announced – 57:55
- No Free Upgrade for Spider-Man (But There’s One for Miles Morales) – 1:01:50
- Sony Details PS5 Backward Compatability – 1:08:03
- The Nerd Stash Show: Rapid Fire (Xbox Series X/S External Storage Price and Details, Metal Gear Solid Remake Rumors) – 1:12:26
Other Content From The Nerd Stash Show
For more of The Nerd Stash Show, hear our thoughts on Sony’s PS5 Games Showcase and the price of the next-gen console. Also, be sure to check out our movie/TV-centric podcast called Nerds Talk Movies. In one of our most recent episodes, we talked about some marvelous news for MCU fans.
You can expect new episodes of The Nerd Stash Show every Friday and new episodes of Nerds Talk Movies each Monday.
What are your thoughts on Microsoft purchasing ZeniMax? Let us know your thoughts down below!