Welcome back to The Nerd Stash Show!
With the recent backlash involving Marvel’s Avengers having paid XP boosts and Bungie deciding to vault Destiny 2: Forsaken content in 2022, we wanted to have a larger conversation about the looter shooter genre. Why do so many games in the genre seem to fall flat? Are people starting to get tired of the genre entirely? We (try to) tackle all those questions and more in this episode.
Also, on the show, we share our reactions to EA finally revealing Battlefield 2042’s Hazard Zone, potential details on Obsidian’s Avowed, and some Back 4 Blood reviews, along with our first impressions of the game.
As always, you can check out timestamps for every major topic down below. If you want to learn more about any of the topics we talked about, we’ll also provide sources for that as well.
- Battlefield 2042’s Hazard Zone Officially Unveiled – 4:22
- Details On Obsidian’s Avowed Have Reportedly Been Revealed – 19:06
- Back 4 Blood Review Round-Up And Our First Impressions – 28:25
- Why Do So Many Looter Shooter Games Have The Same Problems? – 36:51
- Changes To The Nerd Stash Show And What Next Week’s Episode Will Look Like – 1:03:29
Where You Can Find The Nerd Stash Podcasts
If you enjoyed this podcast, here are a few other places where you can find us:
Why do you think looter shooter games have the same problems? Do you think people are getting tired of the genre entirely? What are your thoughts on any of the other topics from this episode? Let us know in the comments.