The developers of Valheim have released the patch notes for update 0.207.20 coming to the survival game today, March 1. According to developers, this patch has “optimized the game for the Steam Deck. This also includes full controller support for PC as well, and a pause feature in singleplayer. That’s right, if you’re playing alone you’ll now be able to step away from the game for a moment without having to worry about being found by a troll!” The update has also added new content such as a never-before-seen dungeon, new weapons, armor, and more.
Check out all the details for update 0.207.20 coming to Valheim in the patch notes below.
Valheim Update 0.207.20 Patch Notes for March 1
* Suddenly… Frost Caves!
* Anniversary drinking horn added. Skål!
* Pause function in singleplayer
* Full controller support! (Gamepad legend and alternative glyphs)
* Gamepad text input when running through in steam big picture mode
* UI, settings, and Steam Deck fixes
* FPS Limiter and reduced background performance
* Split dialog can take numeric input
* Signs can now be built without a workbench
* Bug fixes and quality of life improvements
* Armour stand now supports atgeirs and shield styles
* Nomap mode tweaks
* Frost Caves added as a new dungeon (Will only appear in unexplored areas)
* New enemies: Ulv, Cultist, Bat
* New crafting materials: Red jute, Fenring hair, Fenring claw
* New armor set: Fenris Coat, Fenris Leggings, Fenris Hood (equip all at once for an extra bonus!)
* New weapon: Flesh Rippers (Fists)
* New build pieces: Red jute carpet, Red jute curtain, Standing brazier
* New event: “You stirred the cauldron”
* FPS limiter setting and option to reduce GPU usage when minimized, menu FPS capped to 60
* Various console command improvements and additions, see console ‘help’
* Fixed some dungeon parts not being fully deterministic (ends)
* Nomap mode improvements (vegvisr alternative, nomap is server setting, max distance for shouting, random build/spawn rotation, ‘noportals’ command)
* Resolution now only shows refresh rate when forcing exclusive fullscreen
* Various UI fixes
* Changed name of Unarmed skill to Fists
* Helmets covering the player character’s face should now hide beard
* “Reduce background performance” is available as a setting
* Recipes for Jack-o-turnip + Yule stuff disabled
* Building marker is more subtle and indicates piece rotation
* Corpse run gives carry weight bonus to compensate for unequipped belt
* Crafting stackable items while having full inventory now possible if there are available stack slots
* Fixed a bug where sometimes stackable items won’t be taken when having full inventory and pressing ‘Take All’ in a chest
* Chat can now be closed using esc, mouse, or gamepad B
* Full controller support!
* Controller legend visible in pause menu and settings
* Controller text input when running in Steam big picture mode. Chat, characters, signs, pets, etc can now be named using the controller.
* Controller mapping of all game features
* Context menus will now always show controller buttons when using controller
* Alternative controller glyph style option
* Skills window scrollable with gamepad
* Crafting can be canceled if pressing the button again (like with mouse)
* Fixed some missing/misplaced gamepad tooltips
* Steam Deck controller layout shows when playing on Steam Deck
* Loads default settings catered to the Steam Deck
* Improvements for several community translated languages