Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom players who encountered the Malanya Bed when going to Stables might be wondering what it actually does. Stablemasters say that the Bed will make Link wake up “more energized” and share a “mystical message.” But the game does not provide concrete answers on what the Horse God’s Bed is supposed to do. Read on below and learn everything you to know about what the Malanya Bed does in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
Malanya Bed in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Explained
“If you sleep in a Malanya bed, not only will you wake up more energized… Malanya, the horse god, may also share a mystical message. This makes it a very popular choice among our lodgers. But we don’t offer such luxury to just anyone. Only customers with at least seven Pony Points can use Malanya beds.”
Malanya Beds are special beds that are accessible at all Stables. But before being able to use one, you have to unlock it by acquiring a total of seven Pony Points. The Pony Points themselves can be obtained by visiting new Stables, registering Horses at Stables, and/or sleeping on a normal bed.
It costs 50 Rupees to use the Malanya Bed, quite steep compared to 20 Rupees when using the normal Stable bed. Nevertheless, sleeping on Malanya Bed will give Link additional buffs: three temporary Hearts and one temporary Stamina Wheel on top of the usual healing effect. But do keep in mind that these bonus effects cannot stack with other temporary Health or Stamina buffs from sleeping.
Aside from the extra buff, Link might hear messages from the God of Horses Malanya when sleeping on the bed. While ominous, Malanya’s messages contain some hints about in-game side quests or unlockables.
Where To Find Malanya, God of Horses in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Sleep on a Malanya Bed for the first time, and the God of Horses himself will tell Link where to find him. Follow Manyala’s hint by:
- Head over to the Malanya Spring in the northeastern area of the Akkala region.
- From Bloodleaf Lake, keep heading north.
- Once you reach the valley between Tumlea Heights and Akkala Ancient Tech Lab, you should be near his location.
- Look for a huge, green, and spiky plant generating fairy dust somewhere in the area.
- Speak to the plant and a voice from inside of the plant will ask for an Endura Carrot.
- Obtain them by collecting Pony Points at Stables or look for them at Satori Mountain.
- After you have given him the Endura Carrot, Malanya the God of Horses will reveal himself to Link.
Bring Endura Carrots and Meals then talk to Malanya every time you need to upgrade your Horse’s stats or revive dead ones. Do note that you have to register the Horse to a Stable to be able to be revived!
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is available on Nintendo Switch.