In Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker, players might be tasked by the Fisherman’s Guild to catch Giant Aetherlouse, a fish that’s somewhat hard to find and farm. If you need to finish the Quest and trade them with other players, read below for details on where and how to farm Giant Aetherlouse in FFXIV: Endwalker. Also, apparently, Giant Aetherlice is the plural of Giant Aetherlouse, so the in-game FFXIV Journal does not contain a typo and there are no differences between the two.
FFXIV: Endwalker – Trick to Farm Giant Aetherlouse
In the FFXIV: Endwalker expansion you will get the Quest to fish some Giant Aetherlice from T’laqa Tia (X: 4.2 Y: 9.5), the Fisher Studium Quest giver, in Old Sharlayan. Find them by heading west across The Outer Circuit near Labyrinthos, at the Unmoved Source Alpha at The Phreatic Conduit (precisely X 17.7, Y 5.1). You will know you have arrived at the right spot if the text box reads “You cast your line at Unmoved Source Alpha.”
To fish a Giant Aetherlouse you will need to use Gold Salmon Roe. Once you got a single ‘!’, quickly lift your rod. Be aware that different amounts of exclamation points or ‘!’ that show up above your character will yield different species of fish as well. And that’s how you catch a single Aetherlouse. However, if you need to farm Giant Aetherlouse/Aetherlice in FFXIV: Endwalker, then you will have to keep a few things in mind:
- Before you start fishing, stock up on Gold Salmon Roe baits (costs 69 Gil each) at the Stadium Merchant shop.
- Always look for single ‘!’ bites when fishing.
- If it takes you more than 20 seconds to get a bite, reset your fishing rod.
- Use Surface Slap to scare away common fish.
- Always cast Patience II. This will help you to catch better fish or the Giant Aetherlice in this case.