After a couple of hours of downtime, Epic’s battle royale shooter is back, freshly garbed in a new patch – Fortnite 19.10 Update. To help you make sense of all the new content, balance changes, and fixes, we’ve pulled together the Fortnite 19.10 Update patch notes in full right here.
In Fortnite 19.10 Update, gargantuan but harmless critters known as the Klombos arrive on the island with their very own item-producing foodstuffs, the Klomberries. Alongside, Fortnite 19.10 Update signals the return of the classic Tilted Towers point of interest. Epic Games has also decided to un-vault the Grenade Launcher with a few tweaks for good measure. Fortnite 19.10 Update also bundles in several major bug fixes.
That about covers it. Read through the complete Fortnite 19.10 Update patch notes just below for more details.
Fortnite 19.10 Update Patch Notes
The Klombos Come Forth
It’s been long theorized there was a large creature on the Island, but alas, it hasn’t been found. Until now! And it’s actually no “it”— there’s more than one stomping around the Island. Don’t worry, though. Despite their enormous size, these creatures called Klombos are completely peaceful. (Unless provoked, but still.)
How can these gentle giants help you in battle? Ascend their tails to get to the blowhole on their heads, then get launched a great distance upwards to escape a tricky situation. They’ve also been known to sneeze out items after snacking a bit!
The Klombo diet is very diverse — they’ll eat just about anything you throw in front of them. But what they love most is Klomberries! Pick these fruits from small bushes around the Island, then throw one near a Klombo to lead it your way. Remember: after Klombos snack a bit, items spout out! Have you accidentally (or purposefully…) provoked a Klombo? Calm its rage with none other than a Klomberry.
Fun fact: Klomberries also have nutritional value for non-Klombos. Consume one for a bump in Effective Health!
The Return of Tilted Towers
The Island’s thaw goes on, and Tilted Towers has emerged from underneath the snow and ice! Go out on the town with this classic POI from Fortnite’s past: build to the top of its iconic clock tower, bust into apartments, stop by restaurants, battle it out in the underground parking garage, storm No Sweat Insurance’s office, and more on your urban excursion.
Grenade Launcher Unvaulted and Adjusted
The Grenade Launcher is back, and we’ve made some tweaks to its responsiveness! Projectiles now explode after their first bounce and fire more directly at your target.
You can find Grenade Launchers from Rare Chests, Supply Drops, and… sharks.
You Dropped This
With v19.10, the Crowning Achievement Emote now displays more than 99 Crowned Victory Royales. If you had reached more than 99 before v19.10 (super impressive), your crowns were still being tracked and are now updated accordingly!
In Case You Missed It: Last Week’s Balance Changes Hotfix
Balance changes made in a hotfix last week:
- Decreased the damage of the Stinger SMG.
MK-Seven Assault Rifle
- Slightly decreased the damage of the MK-Seven Assault Rifle.
- Increased the reload speed of the Auto Shotgun.
Fortnite 19.10 Update Competitive Notes
- Klombos and Grenade Launchers are not included in competitive playlists. Klomberries are included, however.
- Shield Kegs have been added to competitive playlists.
- Armored Walls have been added to competitive playlists at a reduced pick-up limit.
Fortnite 19.10 Update Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue involving Spider-Man’s Web-Shooters getting interrupted after players swung onto web bouncers.
- Fixed an issue involving players encountering a “Network Connection Lost” error when trying to join a match as a spectator. With this issue fixed, the option to join a match as a spectator has been re-enabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused us to disable healing from resting in a Tent. Healing from resting in a Tent is now re-enabled.
- Fixed an issue involving campfires sometimes not healing players.
- Fixed an issue that caused us to disable DLSS for DirectX 11. DLSS for DirectX 11 is now re-enabled.
- Fixed an issue involving Daily Quests not being visible in the Quests tab after players returned from a non-core mode.
Fortnite is out now for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Nintendo Switch.