Are you trying to complete the Water Temple, and you’re having trouble? Don’t worry. We’re here to guide you on how to complete the Water Temple in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. Before we start, it’s important to note that you’ll need to find and talk to Sidon to use his abilities. It will also be important to equip Splash Fruits, a bow, arrows, a paraglider, a Zora Armor Set, and an Opal that you can attach to your sword for water attacks. So let’s not waste time and get started.
The Water Temple Walkthrough Guide in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
First, you need to go to the Water Temple, which is located at the coordinates 3357, 0767, 1742. At these coordinates, interact with the Zonai pedestal, and you’ll discover that you need to turn on four cranes by activating four water wheels.
How to Activate the First Water Wheel in Water Temple
- To find the first water wheel, head left from the Zonai pedestal towards the area with floating platforms at 3280, 0643, 1760
- Use low gravity to jump higher.
- Get ready to face Zonai constructs, formidable enemies with powerful attacks.
- Defeat them to get a ball immersed in a pool of water.
- At the coordinates 3244, 0658, 1760 you will find a cube.
- Clean the sludge off the cube using any water-based weapon.
- When you clean it, bubbles will fly out of it.
- Place the ball into a bubble and make it fly up to the next island.
- Jump into one of the bubbles and ascend to the same island.
- Now you need to empty the pool so the ball can fall into the hole.
- To do this, raise the sluice gate at coordinates 3250, 0723, 1779 using the Ultrahand ability.
- Secure the sluice gate with the help of flying stones that can be found throughout the area. Simply attach them to the top with the Ultrahand ability.
- With Sidon’s ability, activate the water wheel connected to the first crane.
How to Activate the Second Water Wheel in Water Temple
- From the sluice, head over to a section with fire blocking your path at 3321, 0751, 1712
- Use Sidon’s ability to pass through the fire.
- At 3334, 0755, 1713 coordinates, you’ll find a button that turns off the fire when pressed.
- Head to the 3400, 0715, 1700 coordinates with the help of flying stones.
- Attach the ball to the flying stone and use the Ultrahand to transfer it back to the other side and walk around by yourself.
- Insert the ball into the wall at 3345, 0753, 1712 coordinates, opening the next gate with another water wheel inside.
- Use Sidon’s ability on the water wheel to activate the second crane.
How to Activate the Third Water Wheel in Water Temple
- Ascend to the main platform, beware of the Zonai enemies.
- Eliminate them to clear the way to the other two cranes.
- To move, clear the silt on the snake’s mouth at coordinates 3402, 0766, 1743 using Splash Fruit and an arrow. A waterfall will appear, and you will be able to climb it.
- Make sure you’re wearing the Zora Armor Set for this.
- Deal with all enemies in your path, including fire obstacles.
- Then at the coordinates 3429, 0845, 1776 you will find a bubble.
- Use the Recall skill to climb to the next island.
- Here, you’ll encounter an electricity puzzle.
- Attach the broken circuit’s platforms to a water wheel and submerge it in a nearby waterfall to generate electricity.
- Position the bubble between the two electrical circuits, opening another gate with the water wheel, which activates the third faucet.
How to Activate the Fourth Water Wheel in Water Temple
- There is a waterfall near the water wheel that produces energy.
- To reach your next destination quickly, duck into the waterfall and open the paraglider at the highest point.
- Fly to the next island at 3481, 0721, 1792
- Destroy all the enemies.
- Then find a big, fast-spinning thing.
- You need to find a flying stone and put it near this thing so that you are on the same level as the spinning part.
- Then you need to attach the Splash Fruit to the arrow, jump to slow down time, and shoot the activator.
- After that, the water will run out, and you will be able to activate the last water wheel.
Defeat the Mucktorok in Zelda TotK
After that, return to the Water Temple, which is located at the coordinates 3357, 0767, 1742, and activate the Zonai pedestal again. He will create a large sludge shark that you will need to defeat. Below, we will share some tips on how to defeat Mucktorok.
- Avoid His Attacks
Mucktorok will try to attack you with waves of sludge. Just avoid them by jumping in time and opening the paraglider.
- Attack with Water
When the shark swims past you, attack it with water weapons, and use Sidon’s skill.
- Attack with Mucktorok
After successfully defeating the shark, Mucktorok will reappear and start running away from you. Chase it down and hit it with your sword or bow.
- Clean the Sludge
At half HP, Mucktorok will start spraying sludge and turn back into a shark. You will need to clean up the sludge with the weapon you have attached Opal to.
- Finish off Mucktorok
Once you’ve cleaned everything up, just start attacking Mucktorok and defeating it.
Congratulations! You have successfully completed the Water Temple in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom and defeated the Mucktorok!
The Zelda Tears of the Kingdom is available on Nintendo Switch.