Planet exploration involves many aspects, from studying flora and fauna to discovering unknown locations and identifying unique planet traits. If you’ve completed a Constellation board task, you’ve probably encountered this type of quest and know that it brings a decent amount of experience and credits. Next up, you’ll learn how to find planet traits in Starfield. Finding planet traits is an interesting and unusual process because you can discover something new every time.
Finding Starfield Planet Traits
Detecting Traits or anomalies is required to survey a planet for 100%. In addition to this, you will need to know the following information to complete your research:
- Inorganic resources
- Gravity levels
You’ll need this information to earn credits, as there are many people interested in learning more about some planets, and there are even related quests to it. If you have a good Science skill tree, it will be much easier for you to do this. You won’t be able to find out all the information about a planet just by using a scanner, which is why we want to tell you how to do it manually.
To find them, make sure to follow the next steps:
- Get on your ship and head out into space to find one of the planets.
- When you do, fly into orbit and use the scanner to find out more information about it. In the menu on the left, you will notice different information about the planet. Depending on the level of your skill, you will have more or less information available. Regardless, at the bottom, you will notice the Traits option, which will indicate how many of them are on the planet. There may not be any at all, and if there are, there are no more than 3. If you notice the presence of Traits, go down to the ground.
- When you are on the surface, open the scanner and watch the markings that appear on it.
- If you notice unknown or strange icons, move in their direction, as this may lead you to the anomaly. You will not always come across a Trait, as the marker can also lead you to abandoned outposts or unexplored caves. Usually, you won’t have to walk for a long time and the anomaly will be within 1000–2000 meters from you.
- Once you find an anomaly, you will need to scan it. Keep in mind that there may be several elements that you need to scan, after which the trait will be considered explored. If there are several anomalies on the planet, try to visit various biomes because it is unlikely that you will find several different traits in the same biome.
And that’s all, now you know how to quickly and easily explore planet traits in Starfield and can learn more about unusual anomalies, as well as earn credits and experience by completing missions related to it. By the way, since you’re done here, feel free to take a look at our list of the most exciting things to do after you’ve finished Starfield. Good luck!
Starfield is available now on Xbox Series S|X and PC.