As you progress through Starfield, you will have to do a lot of crafting, building, and improving to advance through the plot and reach more distant and dangerous systems. Therefore, it is not surprising that you will have to search and extract dozens of materials, from ordinary Iron and Copper to rare materials like Europium. But one of the rarest materials in the Starfield universe is Xenon. Among hundreds of unique planets, you can only find Xenon on a couple of dozen planets, but fortunately, this is not the only way. So we are here to help you and tell you where to find and farm Xenon in Starfield.
Starfield: All Ways To Get Xenon
Even though Xenon is a Tier 3 rare gas, you can obtain it in Starfield in several ways:
- Buy by visiting specific vendors.
- Receive as random loot.
- Collect manually on some planets.
- Farm automatically by installing Mining Outpost.
To begin with, you should come to terms with the fact that you will not be able to get such rare material from the start of the adventure. Approaching this gaseous substance without proper equipment guarantees loss of health. You will also be disappointed if you want to buy this material or get it as a random drop. You cannot purchase or find this resource until you reach at least character level 20.
Now that you know the basics, let’s move on to ways to obtain the material. And first of all, we recommend visiting general goods vendors. If your character is level 20+, you can find Xenon in the Resources tab with an average cost of 27-30 Credits. Here are a few places you can visit first:
- Midtown Minerals – Akila City (Akila planet in the Cheyenne System)
- Jemison Mercantile – New Atlantis (Jemison planet in the Alpha Centauri System)
- Cydonia – Mars planet in the Sol System
- UC Exchange – Mars planet in the Sol System
- Trade Authority – All Big Cities
You can also find Xenon as a random drop. Enemy corpses, abandoned locations, and destroyed ships are excellent sources of random items and materials. But since this method depends only on luck luck, you should not take it as a working method.
Also, you can collect Xenon yourself. If you’re ready, you can find Xenon on just 20 planets. One of the first places you can visit is Muphrid V-b, the moon of the Muphrid V planet in the Muphrid System. The relative proximity of this system to the Cheyenne System (Akila City) makes Muphrid V-b an excellent starting point for collecting and potentially farming Xenon. But you can also go to more distant systems and find other suitable planets.
How To Farm Xenon in Starfield
Collecting Xenon by hand is dangerous because you have to run to the source of the substance, pick up some, and escape before you die or get sick. Thus, automation of this process is a convenient and efficient solution for collecting material. As we said earlier, to farm Xenon in Starfield, you must build an outpost, and here’s how to do it:
- Go to a planet that has Xenon (chemical symbol Xe). We recommend starting with Muphrid V-b moon.
- Walk around the planet and find the source from which Xenon comes.
- Start building the Outpost by installing the Extractor on the gas source in the ground.
- Add 5-6 Solar Array or Wind Turbine and several Storages to the Outpost.
- Build additional modules according to your preferences and enjoy uninterrupted supplies of the desired substance.
Starfield is available on Xbox Series X|S and PC.