Even though the beginning of your adventure in Coral Island will largely depend on manual labor, sooner or later, the time will come to automate farming. The creation of the Ground Insect Trap is one of the essential to the process. Previously, you had to spend several in-game days to find and catch the desired insect using the Bug Net, but thanks to the Ground Insect Trap, you can get any ground insects without making any effort. This simple design will save you many hours, but it is not as simple as it seems at first glance. There are some rules for using Ground Insect Trap, and we are here to tell you about them.
How To Craft Ground Insect Trap in Coral Island
Before you can get Ground Insect Trap in Coral Island, you need to unlock its recipe by reaching Catching level 3. So you will still have to spend the first few hours in the game world with a Bug Net. However, take a few walks through the large forest in the western part of the island and quickly reach your goal. Once you unlock the recipe, you can create a Ground Insect Trap in the crafting menu using the following materials:
- x5 Wood. You can get this material by cutting down trees, branches, stumps, and logs.
- x1 Silver Bar. To get a Silver Bar, you must place 5 Silver Ore and 1 Coal in the Furnace. As for ore and coal, you can get them by breaking rocks and ore nodes using Pickaxe.
- x5 Fiber. As for Fiber, you can get tons of this material by cutting grass with Scythe.
Coral Island: Using Ground Insect Trap
Once you have crafted at least one Ground Insect Trap, it is time to place it somewhere on the island. But keep in mind that you cannot place a trap on your farm, underwater, in a cave, or a building. Otherwise, the choice of location is yours. In addition, we have prepared a few features of Ground Insect Trap that you should know about:
- You can place a Ground Insect Trap on an area of 1 cell. It will automatically catch all nearby ground bugs in eight squares around it.
- The trap will exclusively catch ground insects, including beetles, spiders, caterpillars, and ants. If you want to get something like butterflies, you will need a Flying Insect Trap, which you can create by reaching Catching level 6.
- The trap can only catch the beetles living in that area, so choose the area based on your needs.
- Place Ground Insect Scent in the trap to ensure you get at least one bug the next day. You can create two at once in the crafting menu using 5 Sap and 1 Flower.
That’s all you need to know about Ground Insect Trap in Coral Island. Finally, we will only add that sometimes it’s much easier to catch a specific insect manually. But by placing dozens of traps throughout the island, you guarantee long-term success.
Coral Island is available on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox consoles.