In today’s Capcom E3 2021 Showcase, the company has announced that the Monster Hunter Rise 3.1 title update will be released on June 24. It will come with a bunch of downloadable event quests as well as their unique rewards:
- “Almudron: Fashion Victim”: Hunt an Almudron in Sandy Plains – Reward: Black Leather Leggings.
- “Fooled in the Flooded Forest”: Hunt a Chameleos in Flooded Forest – Reward: Play Possum gesture.
- “Rampage: Muddi Grass”: Rampage quest – Reward: Festival sticker set.
- “Heart of a Hero”: Hunt Tigrex and Diablos in the Arena.
- “An Icy Blade So Bright”: Hunt Goss Harag in Frost Island – Reward: Shadow Shades.
- Paid DLCs, including Rondine and Kagero voice packs.
Meanwhile, the first Capcom Collab Event Quest will launch earlier on June 18. After facing Great Izuchi and Kulu-Ya-Ku in the Arena, the event quest will reward you with material to craft layered armor that turns your Palico into the Tsukino character from Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin. And starting on July 9, when Monster Hunter Stories 2 is released for Nintendo Switch and PC, you can connect the save data to get the Rider layered armor set for your Monster Hunter Rise hunter.
The second Capcom Collab and Monster Hunter Rise 3.2 title update will launch at the end of July and the first batch of Capcom Collab Event Quests will end in August with the 3.3 version update.
Compared to version 3.0, Monster Hunter Rise 3.1 and beyond seem a bit lackluster, but there might be interesting stuff to come in future updates. According to rumors regarding Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis, data miners found a Meat/Ration icon amongst the item list in the game, which might indicate both Phantasy Star Online and Monster Hunter will be getting crossover contents. Here’s hoping the rumor is true, and there will be more IP crossover events after the August Monster Hunter Rise 3.3 title update. Stay tuned at The Nerd Stash for more info on E3 2021, Monster Hunter, and other upcoming titles.