Rhydon, the evolution of Rhyhorn, is one of the most popular Pokemon ever since its debut in Generation I or Pokemon Red and Blue. In Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl you can find Rhydon on Route 227 and 228, Stark Mountain, or going to Rocky Cave, Sandsear Cave, Spacious Cave, Big Bluff Caverns of the Pokemon Hideaway areas. You might be wondering if Rhydon has an evolution or not. Well, here’s how you can evolve your Rhydon in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl: Rhydon Evolution
The only way to evolve a Rhydon in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, is by making it hold an item called Protector. Trade a Rhydon with a Protector then it will evolve into Rhyperior. You can find a Protector in Route 228 near Ace Trainer Jose or in Iron Island. Although extremely slow, Rhyperior’s Rock/Ground typing, as well as high Physical Attack and Defense, makes it a powerful offensive Pokemon. Give it Stealth Rock to weaken your opponents every time they switch Pokemon. Read on below for more details about Rhyperior.
Rhyperior Stats and Moves
Stats (at Level 50):
- HP: 175 – 222 range
- Attack: 130 – 211 range
- Defense: 121 – 200 range
- Special Attack: 54 – 117 range
- Special Defense: 54 – 117 range
- Speed: 40 – 101 range
- Lightning Rod: Forces all single-target Electric-type moves to target it and boosts its Special Attack.
- Or Solid Rock: Reduces damage from super-effective moves by 25%.
- Hidden Ability: Reckless. Increases the power of moves that have recoil or crash damage by 20%.
Strength and Weakness:
|4x Damage||2x Damage||1/2x Damage||1/4x Damage||Immune|
Learned Moves by Level:
- Base Level: Hammer Arm – Fighting, Physical Attack
- Base Level: Tackle – Normal, Physical Attack
- Base Level: Tail Whip – Normal, Status Effect
- Base Level: Smack Down – Rock, Physical Attack
- Base Level: Bulldoze – Ground, Physical Attack
- Level 15: Horn Attack – Normal, Physical Attack
- Level 20: Scary Face – Normal, Status Effect
- Level 25: Stomp – Normal, Physical Attack
- Level 30: Rock Blast – Rock, Physical Attack
- Level 35: Drill Run – Ground, Physical Attack
- Level 40: Take Down – Normal, Physical Attack
- Level 47: Earthquake – Ground, Physical Attack
- Level 54: Stone Edge – Rock, Physical Attack
- Level 61: Megahorn – Bug, Physical Attack
- Level 68: Horn Drill – Normal, Physical Attack
- Level 75: Rock Wrecker – Rock, Physical Attack
Both Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl are available now on the Nintendo Switch.