Spiritomb, the Ghost/Dark Pokemon used by Champion Cynthia, is one of the strongest Pokemon you can get in Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl. But how can you catch one, if it’s not known to spawn in the Pokemon Hideaway or even as random encounters? If you look closely at the image above, that weird rock on the left looks similar to Spiritomb’s rock. Well, that rock is a unique item called Odd Keystone, which you’ll need to catch the elusive ghost Pokemon. Read below for more details on how you can get an Odd Keystone and Spiritomb in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl: Three Ways to Get Odd Keystone
There are three methods (and locations) where you can find an Odd Keystone in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl:
- Route 208: Talk to the Black Belt Trainer standing hidden near a Honey Tree in Route 208 to get one.
- Grand Underground: Digging up treasures in the underground has a chance of giving you an Odd Keystone. And yes, you can farm it this way (if you’re lucky).
- Twinleaf Town: Yep, right in the starting town, you can find an Odd Keystone. Travel through the small pond just south of town using Surf to grab one.
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl: Getting the Spiritomb
Once you’ve got it, of course, it’s time to snag yourself a Spiritomb!
- Head to Route 209 and interact with the Hallowed Tower. Insert the Odd Keystone when prompted.
- Go to the Grand Underground and speak with 32 unique characters. Both NPCs and vendors or real players you encounter while playing online works.
- Return to the Hallowed Tower, interact with the Hallowed Tower once more. Save your game beforehand though, to make sure you can easily load your save if you accidentally beat it.
- You should summon a Spiritomb.
- It’s important to remember that you can only summon one Spiritomb per Odd Keystone.
Both Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl are available now on the Nintendo Switch.