With the constant updates and new events, Niantic and Pokemon Company are now offering an opportunity to catch one of the latest Ultra Beasts, Guzzlord, a giant mouth with two pincer-mouths for arms, and Dark/Dragon Ultra Beast from the Alola region. The Guzzlord debuts in the Greedy Gluttons event, so read our guide to find out how to catch Guzzlord in Pokemon Go.
How to Catch Guzzlord in Pokemon GO?
Guzzlord will be available in Pokemon GO through 5-star Gym Raids starting November 8 and ending on November 23 with the new event Greedy Gluttons.
This colossal black Ultra Beast with a huge mouth and two rows of teeth will spawn from Ultra Wormholes, portals that appear at Gyms, visible at the same place as Raid Eggs. However, before you will be able to catch it, you need to use your Raid Pass to enter the Guzzloard Raid.
Once you enter the raid, you will have five minutes to battle the new Ultra Beast. So, for the best results, we have prepared the best counters and moveset to use against Guzzlord in Pokemon Go.
With a massive health pool to its name, a player would think that Guzzloard is a worthy opponent. However, with its questionable defense, it is pretty easy to beat, you need the right counters.
Guzzlord is a Dark- and Dragon-type Pokemon, which means it is weak to Ice, Fairy, Psychic, and Dragon damage. Make sure to choose Pokemons that have fast attacks and charged attacks with Ice, Dragon, or Fairy damage. We suggest you think about these Pokemons to go against Guzzlord in Pokemon Go.
- Abomasnow (this Pokemon can cause massive Ice damage with Powder Snow, Blizzard, and Weather Ball attacks).
- Togekiss (this Pokemon inflicts Fairy damage with Charm and Dazzling Gleam attacks).
- Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy Pokemon that will inflict damage with Charm and Dazzling Gleam attacks).
- Galarian Darmanitan (this Pokemon will quickly take health points with Ice Fang and Ice Punch attacks).
- Shadow GranbullFairy-type attacks cause four times the normal damage to Guzzlord in Pokemon GO, and with Charm and Play Rough attacks, Granbull is a perfect choice).
- Sylveon (Another Pokemon that causes Fairy damage. Use Charm, Draining Kiss, and Moonblast attacks).
Once you beat Guzzlord, you will receive a number of Ultra Balls. The faster you complete this challenging battle, the more Ultra Balls you will be given. Now, try your best not to miss the Pokemon. If you miss, you will need to battle Guzzlord in Pokemon GO again in another raid.
Pokémon GO is available on iOS and Android.