Psychonauts 2 has today (November 2) launched an update across all platforms, so here’s the full list of changes and fixes with this patch. As the game is both singleplayer and has been out for some time, you might’ve expected that this update would just be some general bug fixes across the board. While it mostly is that, there’s a surprising set of new features for those wishing to jump back in. If you’re planning to take yet another dive into Psychonauts 2 soon, then these features should do nicely. Without further adieu, here’s everything new with Psychonauts 2 in its November 2 update.
Psychonauts 2 November 2 Update Patch Notes
- Bonus Psychoseismometer unlocked in Otto’s lab after finishing Gisu’s quest, making it possible to unlock enemy achievements during post-game state.
- Check marks appear in location selection menus to indicate if all collectibles in a location have been found.
- Otto-Spot photo filter to show collectibles in the Otto-Shot photo mode.
- Show all available figments in the figment viewer menu even if you haven’t found them yet.
- General stability improvements for all platforms.
- Improve environmental collision to prevent player and objects rarely falling through walls and floors.
- Fix issues related to fall death and water curse, and preventing them from being broken if interrupted by a cutscene.
- Fix duplicate characters and stray animation appearing in some cutscenes.
- Fix issue that could cause flickering around objects submerged in water.
- Improve save checkpoints to prevent the player’s save data getting into a bad state.
- Improve photo mode stability.
- Expand the mental health advisory message.
- HUD improvements to prevent extra health brains from appearing.
- Improve PS4 version’s resolution and stability on PS5.
- Pause PC version when controller is unplugged.
- Standardize PC controls between cutscenes and dialogue trees.
- Improve xCloud streaming touch controls.