The Assassin’s Creed series has been known for big DLC releases (Tyranny of King Washington and Freedom Cry) and Assassin’s Creed: Origins will be no different. Today, Ubisoft revealed all of the content they plan to release to Season Pass holders and individual purchasers, laying out a clear roadmap for the post-release content’s future.
The meat and potatoes of the content will be two expansive story missions that build off the campaign, as well as the series’ history in general. There will also be plenty of secondary missions and game modes, as well as aesthetic and vanity items as well.
Assassin’s Creed: Origins‘ first DLC story add-on arrives January 2018, titled “The Hidden Ones,” and will take players years after the events of Assassin’s Creed: Origins, introducing Roman’s into their conflict, set in a new region. This expansion will also extend the level cap, allowing players to keep progressing.
“The Curse of the Pharaoh’s” story will focus on Egyptian mythology, tasking players with fighting undead pharaohs and exploring a new, mystical realm. Encounter famed Egyptian beasts such as Anubis warriors, Scorpios and more, all while investigating the curse that brought the dead Pharaohs back to the world of the living. This expansion will also further the level cap, also introducing new Abilities. Assassin’s Creed: Origins second story DLC will be available in March, 2018.
Also included in the Season Pass are two exclusive add-on packs including a new outfit, weapons, shield and mount (November 2017), A package of 500 Helix Credits (Launch), and an exclusive rare weapon, the Calamity Blade (Launch). Ubisoft seems to have learned a lesson from past DLC releases and pricing as well, as they are giving out a multitude of free updates down the line too.
New challenges and gameplay opportunities will be available for all players at or after the launch of the game, including:
- The Trials of the Gods: Epic boss battles against Egyptian gods that take place during special timed events, victorious players will receive prestigious rewards. The first Trial of the Gods event will be available 15 days after the launch of the game.
- The Nomad’s Bazaar: A wandering merchant gives players daily quests to complete in order to earn mysterious exotic rewards. Available at the launch of the game.
- Photo Mode: Players will be able to capture and share the beauty of the Egyptian landscape and indulge their inner wildlife photographer while discovering in-game pictures taken by other players. Available at the launch of the game.
- Horde Mode: Players will fight endless waves of enemies in the Gladiator Arena. They will be able to compare their scores with their friends and challenge them asynchronously. Available in early 2018.
- Discovery Tour: This new educational mode turns the world of Assassin’s Creed: Origins into a combat-free living museum and will give everyone the opportunity to learn more about Ancient Egypt through guided tours curated by historians and Egyptologists. Available early 2018.
Assassin’s Creed: Origins will be available on October 27, 2017, for the Xbox One video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 4 Pro computer entertainment system, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC, and on Xbox One X at its launch on November 7, 2017.
Andrew has been in love with video game ever since his brother was forced by their parents to let him watch him and his friends play games like Goldeneye and Super Mario 64.